N. T. Wright. The way to Christian growth is often to allow oneself to be puzzled and startled by new apparent complexity … Is it, after all, Jesus we want to discover and follow, or would we prefer an idol of our own making?
Romans 12:2 (New King James Version) 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
We value learning communities (cell groups) where people:
- Listen to God.
- Share God’s love in tangible ways.
- Grow in wisdom.
- Are like-minded and can share life’s journey together.
- Have the opportunity to work on projects together.
- Live in close proximity to one another to allow regular contact and involvement in each other’s lives.
- Have opportunities to learn in different ways.
- Learn about useful resources such as good books, DVD’s etc.
We value personal development where people:
- Understand their identity in Christ.
- Understand and develop their calling, passion and gifts.
- Can grow as new believers.
- Have the opportunity to receive coaching and mentoring.
- Have the opportunity to empower, help and invest in others in one-on-one situations.
- Develop character, serve one another and be fruitful.